This Little Corner of the Internet

Wow! It's been a while since I've updated this tiny piece of the internet that I write on. In fact, it took me a while to even figure out how to log back in, much less attempt to update.

Looking back at the last post I wrote makes me realize how much has changed since then. In triathlon, I finished another Ironman (in the toughest racing conditions I've ever experienced; maybe I'll write about that sometime). At work, my practice has steadily morphed over the past few years, and now, my job looks almost nothing like it did the last time I posted. In terms of family, Dooley got a baby brother (who is now two making "baby" a real stretch).

Ironman Maryland 2015

While I chased and pursued these dreams and opportunities and experienced major life changes over the past few years, triathlon took a back seat. At first, not intentionally, but after time I realized something had to give. And the thing that needed to give, that I would allow to give, was triathlon. So I continued riding my bike and swimming, but races fell off my calendar and days and weeks passed where I never put on my running shoes.

Dooley and his "baby" brother, Jarvis Jones.
Quite frankly, it didn't me until about a month ago. I started to feel the itch. Not just to race, but to build back into the comfortable routine of training, the place where thirteen hours of training in a week isn't intimidating and getting my workouts in is priority number one. The place where my goals scare me and I know that consistent hard work is the only way to reach them.

So I've decided that I'm going to dust off my training gadgets and train for another 70.3. And I figured if I am dusting off my running shoes and dusting off my Garmin, I might as well dust off my blog. I'm not sure how much I'll post or how often. But it might be nice to document my journey back into shape and to have an outlet to flex my writing muscles (besides legal briefs which obviously don't count), which coincidentally might be my strongest muscles these days.

So, Maine 70.3 here we come. And Dooley and Jarvis, get ready. The trainer's moving back into the living room this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Patient. Be Brave.

Battling My Demons

Ironman Florida Race Report